Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Playground Fun

I guess because Minnesota has awful winters they have built huge indoor play areas so their kids can play without having to go to a fast food restaurant. I don't know if Oklahoma will ever have a place like this, but it was awesome. There was no way for Matt to escape and everything was padded really well so if they fell it was soft. There was also a small area for kids 1-4 so big kids would not trample them and a moon bounce for people Matt & Tyler's size (There was a big one for taller kids across the hall) That is how cool this place was.


For those of you who know Matt though know a small area is not going to do. He had fun in his area for a good 5 minutes and then he was ready to get down with the big kids. At first I was nervous until I went and checked out what he could get into and how high someone Matt's size could climb. The worst trouble Matt could get into was climbing up a slide while another kid was coming down, but I finally let go and said he might have to learn this lesson the hard way. All the big kids were really good though and watched out for the little ones, so luckily no one got a foot to the face.


As you will see Matt is a little adventurer though and made it up the rope climb to the second tier. He started climbing up a slide and I said "Matt no" and then quickly had an eight year old boy talk me down, "Don't worry he won't get far that slide is really steep" That was when I realized Matt would be just fine and I should go sit down like a good mom and stop interrupting the fun.



1 comment:

grandmagerry said...

WOW Matt!!!!!!
Grandma is really impressed with your climbing so high like the big boys. I am also really glad you and your Mom have been having so much fun with Aunt Katie, Uncle Adam, and especially Cousin Tyler.....BUT I am sooooooooo glad that you will be coming home soon.......I have really really missed you and your Mama!!!!! Hope you have a great time for the rest of your trip. LOTS AND LOTS OF LOVE! Grandma