Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Attack of the Sugar Monsters (aka Grandparents)

While Katie and the boys were here we went around and saw all the grandparents and great-grandparents. It was tons of fun. Grandparents are wonderful especially Matt's. They are playful, patient, and perfect in practically every way.
However there must be a switch that is flipped when these parents of our become grandparents. They still look like our parents and grandparents, but sugar aliens have taken over their bodies and decided that children only need ice cream and candy. I would have loved this as a kid, but as a parent, who has to go home with the sugared up child, I have mixed feelings.
Matt is still here though and looking good and healthy so I guess I can't complain that much. It was great seeing everyone and we love you all.

The Sweet Grandparents and Great-Grandparents





giving kisses
(Matt almost made it up to 10 if I had not stepped in)

Ice Cream Cones

Suckers

More Ice Cream

This one was at least frozen yogurt
but it was his second cone.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I couldn't have said it better!