Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Roaring Good Time!

Matt and I went to the zoo last week with Paul and Kristin. It was warm out there and kind of crowded for a Wednesday. I guess lots of people had the same idea we did. It was a fun time though. The boys enjoyed the wagon and stayed in it for the most part.

The zoo has this traveling dinosaur exhibit right now, and we found it. It is at the very back east corner I believe. (My directions are not the best) There are fossils to see and a sand pit which was the saving grace for Matt, because the main attractions are these huge animatronic dinosaurs that move a roar. For those who know Matt, you know that the little small moving or vibrating toys like tickle me Elmo or Cookie Monster do not fly with this kid. SO why on earth did I think he would like this exhibit. He lost it the moment we rounded the corner and heard a giant ROAR! He was clinging on to me for dear life, like a cat not wanting to get a bath. Then I saw it the sandpit. I got Matt to go in it and he cried at first and was worried (see below), but I convinced him that the T-Rex just to right was NOT real and very much a nice guy. Every time the T-Rex moved and roared Matt would look up from his digging and say, "He's nice. Dinosaur is nice. He not real." After I tortured him with the big huge dinosaurs he asked to jump in the moon bounce so we did, but even that took some convincing once we got to the entrance since it was shaped like a giant dragon.
Matt stayed on the edges. He wasn't too
sure about the pillars.

Paul on the other hand went right for them.

Matt worrying about the dinosaurs.

Peek-a-Boo Paul

Looking at the Fish

No comments: